Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Which Waves Where?

I take issue with so-called "reality," the conventional driving force behind career choice and emotional development. It's all fine and dandy to consider certain things unattainable or illusory, but in my brief experience on this planet, I hesitate to give a solid definition to "reality."

One of the key rules of writing is to "write what you know," as long as it's not fantasy. There are many points one could argue here (e.g. Harry Potter and Avatar), but what I've come to understand about fantasy is that being unreal makes it more difficult to relate. It has been suggested that I switch my genre of choice to something more relatable, more real. Here's the problem:
  • I know three people who have been visited by visible spirits.
  • Two of my friends are clairvoyant.
  • Two are Muses.
  • One is a psychic healer.
  • One is convinced he's been abducted by aliens.
  • One works at a haunted juvenile correction facility.
  • One can light his hand on fire and blow flames across the room without being burnt.
  • One is still terrified after watching a demon crawl out of her roommate's body two years ago.
  • One labels himself a gypsy vagabond.
  • One gets stomachaches before earthquakes.
For now, we'll ignore the "indigo star child who glitches machines and talks to spiders," label, because that, in itself, is a long story. My point is that my reality, or what I experience as True (T), is what the self-titled "normal" would consider preposterous. By conventional logic, it is False (F). T = F?

Case in point: Today, while driving home from Provo, I stopped off to visit the new location of a store where I used to work. I got pulled into a Theta Healing session (which, luckily, ended up being free). Compared to the two times I had my aura read, this one left me utterly baffled. After sending me up my chakras, through the "jelly-like substance that is the Laws... and into the Seventh Plane of Existence," the reader gave me three valid points: I'm not eating as well as I should, I'm inhibiting the expression of my emotions, and due to stress, my brain is low on Omega Waves (ω).

Well, a negative reading invariably puts me in the mood for research, so I hopped on over to Google to research my Omega Waves and found that Omega Waves don't actually exist (ω = F). What we're left with, after substitution, is ω = F = T. In order to restore balance, I have to add more of a nonexistent thing to my logically false worldview in order to make things more real.

ωTF?


No comments:

Post a Comment